UPS SurePost® (sometimes called UPS Ground® Saver) is a cost-effective domestic ground service provided by UPS® in the US. ShipperHQ supports retrieving live UPS SurePost rates allowing you to offer these services as options to your customers. As a contract-only service, you must have a UPS SurePost contract in place with UPS in order to connect UPS SurePost to ShipperHQ.
In addition to UPS SurePost, ShipperHQ supports an extensive set of UPS services including domestic and international small package.
If you have a UPS SurePost contract in place, please request that we enable access to UPS SurePost on your ShipperHQ account by contacting us. Once enabled, you’ll be able to install UPS SurePost on your ShipperHQ account via the ShipperHQ Marketplace.
1. Once you have received confirmation from ShipperHQ that SurePost has been enabled for your account, you can go to the the ShipperHQ Marketplace.
SurePost now will be displayed as an available carrier to install.
2. Simply click the Install button.
3. You will then be prompted to Validate Surepost using your UPS Carrier credentials. (instructions are in the following section). Validating your account must be completed in order to install SurePost within your carriers list.
Register for UPS Account
If you do not already have a UPS Shipping Account, sign up at UPS.
If you already have an account with UPS and have access to your most recent invoice you will use that invoice for validation.
Obtaining UPS Invoice/Credentials
In order to connect ShipperHQ to your UPS SurePost account, you’ll need your most recent invoice. You can download your invoice at UPS.com or use physical copy of the most recent invoice.
1. Go to UPS.com and click the Log-in link at the top of the page.
2. Log in with your UPS.com username and password.
3. Once logged in, select Billing from the My UPS drop-down in the navbar.
4. Click the Access button to access the UPS Billing Center.
5. Click the View Invoice link from the Billing Center Quick Links section.
You should see a list of recent invoices under the Invoice Information header.
6. Click the Invoice Number for the most recent invoice. Note, it doesn’t matter if you’ve already paid.
7. Click the View/Download Invoice Data button at the bottom of the page.
8. Select PDF and click Submit to view the invoice PDF.
9. You will need the information from this Invoice to connect ShipperHQ to your UPS account.
Your invoice may vary somewhat from this example invoice but this helps identify where to find the required invoice information.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
- Review the UPS Validation License Agreement.
- Click the I Agree button.
- Enter your account credentials and required information as printed on your invoiceSuccessful validation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by each carrier. This validation is necessary for ShipperHQ to access your shipping account and rates. However, if you are unable to validate your shipping account, ShipperHQ defaults to the Standard List Rates. For more information, please see the Standard List Rates section below.
- If you receive an error or your credentials are not valid, see the Troubleshooting section below.
- Once validation is complete, you are presented with:
- The option to enable your carrier right away. (Enabling your carrier at this time turns its rates on immediately even before you have made any configuration adjustments to it)
- Begin to configure – continuing with this button redirects you to the carrier’s configuration page.
- Be sure to set your Account Settings > Type of Rates to Negotiated Rates to ensure SurePost rates are used for shipping quotes.
Once the configuration of carrier settings has been completed, your SurePost account is ready to use with ShipperHQ.
When looking at Shipping Methods on your UPS SurePost carrier, you will notice two of the four shipping methods listed are simply titled “SurePost“. While both share a name, they are in fact two different UPS SurePost services:
- The first is Parcel Select Lightweight which is used for shipments up to 16 oz
- The second is Parcel Select which is used for shipments over 16 oz
Unless you specifically only wish to offer UPS SurePost for shipments that fall into one of these weight ranges, we recommend enabling both of these methods.