A common scenario is to surcharge a certain shipping method when the weight is over X Lbs/Kgs
In ShipperHQ, ensure you have your Carrier set up with shipping methods selected/defined.
- Click Filters on the dashboard navbar and add a new filter.
- On your new filter, select “Whole Cart” under Filter Applies To in the Edit Filter panel and enter a name you’ll recognize (e.g. “Over 350”)
- In the Filters panel, select “Range” for the Weight filter, enter a Min value of 350 and check the No Max checkbox and Save. You now have a filter set up which will match against an order total with more than 350 weight in the cart.
- Click on Carrier Rules on the navbar and add a new Rule.
- Enter a descriptive Name (e.g. “Surcharge 2days air when weight is over 350Kgs”) under the Overview panel
- In the Applicable Methods panel, select “2day air” (and every other method that you expect to be surcharged when the weight is over the filter maximum threshold).
- In the Conditions panel, select the Filter you just set up under Weight/Price/Quantity Filters
- In the Actions panel and the Rule Action section, choose “Set/Surcharge shipping methods”.
- Under the Adapt Shipping Rates dropdown, select “Surcharge Rates” > Per Origin or Per Cart
- In ‘Set/Modify Shipping Rates’ box, set the Shipping Rate to the amount you wish to surcharge by.
Per this example, ShipperHQ will now surcharge 2day air when the weight is over 350.