Quite a common scenario we see is setting a fixed rate or adding a surcharge when shipping certain products to other countries like Mexico, Canada, etc. With ShipperHQ you can set up Fixed rate/surcharges for certain products to specific shipping zones.
To do this you need to do the following:
- Create a new shipping zone for the areas where you want the surcharge to apply (in this case Canada)
- Define a new shipping group. We’ll use “LightProducts” as an example
- Create a new Shipping Rule and give it a relevant name.
- Under the Shipping Methods section, select the shipping methods you wish to surcharge (e.g. UPS Ground)
- In the Actions tab under the “Action to Perform” section set I want to… to “Modify the Price of my selected Shipping Methods” and In Order to… to “Surcharge and Discout Rates” and “By a Flat Rate”
- Enter a value for the flat rate and set And Apply This Rate to “Per Cart”
- In the Conditions tab on “Shipping Groups Include one or more” Select “LightProducts”
- In the Conditions tab set “Zone Includes” to be the Shipping Zone, you created in Step 1 (Canada zone in our example)
- Save and test your rule
With the above set up ShipperHQ will set the fixed rates/surcharge you’ve defined to the rate for the Shipping Method you’ve selected when the applicable shipping group is in the cart for the selected zone.
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.