Quite a common scenario we see is setting a fixed rate or adding a surcharge when shipping certain products to other countries like Mexico, Canada, etc. With ShipperHQ you can set up Fixed rate/surcharges for certain products to specific shipping zones.
To do this you need to do the following:
- Create a new shipping zone for the areas where you want the surcharge to apply (in this case Canada)
- Define a new shipping group. We’ll use “LightProducts” as an example
- Create a new Shipping Rule and give it a relevant name.
- Under the Shipping Methods section, select the shipping methods you wish to surcharge (e.g. UPS Ground)
- In the Actions tab under the “Action to Perform” section set I want to… to “Modify the Price of my selected Shipping Methods” and In Order to… to “Surcharge and Discout Rates” and “By a Flat Rate”
- Enter a value for the flat rate and set And Apply This Rate to “Per Cart”
- In the Conditions tab on “Shipping Groups Include one or more” Select “LightProducts”
- In the Conditions tab set “Zone Includes” to be the Shipping Zone, you created in Step 1 (Canada zone in our example)
- Save and test your rule
With the above set up ShipperHQ will set the fixed rates/surcharge you’ve defined to the rate for the Shipping Method you’ve selected when the applicable shipping group is in the cart for the selected zone.