Quite a common scenario we see is setting a fixed rate or adding a Fixed rate/surcharge when shipping certain products to other countries like Mexico, Canada With ShipperHQ you can set up Fixed rate/surcharges for certain products to specific zones.
To do this you need to do the following:
- Create a new zone for the areas where you want the surcharge to apply (in this case Canada).
- Define a new shipping group. We’ll use “LightProducts” as an example.
- Create a new Carrier Rule and give it a relevant name.
- In the Applicable Shipping Methods panel, select the shipping methods you wish to surcharge (e.g. UPS Ground).
- In the Conditions Panel on “Includes one or more of these Shipping Group(s)” Select “LightProducts”.
- In the Conditions panel set “Apply to Zone” to be the Zone you created in Step 1 (Canada zone in our example).
- In the Actions panel, set the Action to Perform to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Rates”, set Adapt Shipping Rates to “Surcharge Rates/Fixed rates” and then on “Apply Shipping Rate/Percentage” drop-down select “Per Cart”.
- In the Set/Modify Shipping Rate section of the Actions panel, enter the $X amount to set rate in the Shipping Rate field.
- Save your Carrier Rule
With the above set up ShipperHQ will set the fixed rates/surcharge you’ve defined to the rate for the Shipping Method you’ve selected when the applicable shipping group is in the cart for the selected zone.
Side note: Please keep in mind that you have the option of setting the fixed/surcharge rate by each item in the shipping group, the entire cart, origin or per each box the “LightProducts” items have packed into from the drop-down of”Apply Shipping Rate/Percentage” drop down.