Quite a common scenario we see is setting a fixed rate or adding a surcharge when shipping certain products to other countries like Mexico, Canada, etc. With ShipperHQ you can set up Fixed rate/surcharges for certain products to specific zones.
To do this you need to do the following:
- Create a new zone for the areas where you want the surcharge to apply (in this case Canada).
- Define a new shipping group. We’ll use “LightProducts” as an example.
- Create a new Carrier Rule and give it a relevant name.
- In the Applicable Shipping Methods panel, select the shipping methods you wish to surcharge (e.g. UPS Ground).
- In the Conditions Panel on “Includes one or more of these Shipping Group(s)” Select “LightProducts”.
- In the Conditions panel set “Apply to Zone” to be the Zone, you created in Step 1 (Canada zone in our example).
- In the Actions panel, set the Action to Perform to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Rates”, set Adapt Shipping Rates to “Surcharge Rates/Fixed rates” and then on “Apply Shipping Rate/Percentage” drop-down select “Per Cart”.
- In the Set/Modify Shipping Rate section of the Actions panel, enter the $X amount to set rate in the Shipping Rate field.
- Save your Carrier Rule
With the above set up ShipperHQ will set the fixed rates/surcharge you’ve defined to the rate for the Shipping Method you’ve selected when the applicable shipping group is in the cart for the selected zone.
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.