Let’s say you want to add a surcharge or discount when shipping to AK, HI, or even P.O. Boxes. With ShipperHQ you can set up surcharges or discounts for shipments to specific areas.
To set up this rule, use the instructions below, or watch the included video walkthrough.
- Create a new zone for the areas where you want the surcharge or discount to apply (in this case my ‘Zone A’)
- Create a new Carrier Rule
- In the Applicable Shipping Methods panel, select the shipping methods you wish to surcharge (e.g. USPS Priority Mail)
- In the Conditions panel set “Apply to Zone” to be the Zone you created in Step 1.
- In the Actions panel, set the Action to Perform to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Rates”, set Adapt Shipping Rates to “Surcharge Rates” and set the $ amount/percentage to surcharge in the Set/Modify Shipping Rate section
- Save your Carrier Rule
Note: To discount the method, type a negative (-) sign before the dollar sign or percentage, e.g. “-2.50”.
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.