Let’s say you want to add a surcharge or discount when shipping to AK, HI, or even P.O. Boxes. With ShipperHQ you can set up surcharges or discounts for shipments to specific areas.
To set up this rule, use the instructions below, or watch the included video walkthrough.
- Create a new shipping zone for the areas where you want the surcharge or discount to apply (in this case my ‘Zone A’)
- Create a new Shipping Rule
- Under the “Basic” tab in the Shipping Methods section, select the shipping methods you wish to surcharge (e.g. USPS Priority Mail)
- In the Actions panel, under the Action to Perform section set I want to… to “Modify the Price of my selected Shipping Methods”, and In order to… to “Surcharge or Discount Rates” and set the $ amount/percentage to surcharge
- In the Conditions panel set “Zones Include” to be the Shipping Zone you created in Step 1.
- Save your Shipping Rule
Note: To discount the method, type a negative (-) sign before the dollar sign or percentage, e.g. “-2.50”.