Address Type Selector lets customers specify if their delivery address is residential or commercial. It’s supported for all LTL Freight carriers as well as a number of live rate carriers, including UPS or FedEx. You can select whether to show a residential/commercial address type selector for each carrier you have enabled. Shipping rates and available Shipping Methods may change depending on whether the customer’s address is residential or business.
There are 2 options for handling the address type in ShipperHQ:
- Address Type Selector, discussed in this article, shows a drop-down allowing customers to manually select their address type
- Auto-Address-Type Lookup automatically determines a customer’s address and is included as part of the Address Validation Feature
Magento 2 support for the Address Type Selector requires installation of the “module-option” additional module which is not included with the base ShipperHQ extension.
LTL Freight Carriers include the Address Type Selector with the LTL Freight feature so the Address Type Selector feature is not required for these carriers. It is still required for non-Freight Carriers.
On This Page
In order use Address Type Selector you will need to activate the Advanced Feature. After enabling the feature, you need to turn on the address type selector for each carrier you wish to offer this option. To enable this:
- Go to Carriers
- Edit the Carriers you want to offer the selector on
- Go to the Optional tab
- Scroll to the ‘Additional Charges’ section and check the Enable Residential/Business Selector checkbox
- Select a Default Destination Address type which will be used as the initial value of the selector
The manual residential selector allows the user to select the address type in the checkout.