This document will outline how you can obtain your YRC Freight Credentials required for ShipperHQ to pull the live rates associated with your YRC Freight Account and how to connect those credentials to ShipperHQ.
All YRC Worldwide companies, including YRC Freight, operate their own, independent, shipping rating systems. In addition to YRC Freight, described in this article, ShipperHQ also supports Holland Freight. New Penn, Reddaway, YRC Reimer and HNRY Logistics are not currently supported in ShipperHQ. Contact us if you are interested in using these services through ShipperHQ.
On This Page
Creating the Carrier
The first step is to turn on LTL Freight as an advanced feature. Click Features from the ShipperHQ dashboard (left sidebar), then toggle the switch on the LTL Freight Carriers panel. You will then need to create the carrier.
Adding a live rate carrier from the Marketplace page
- Navigate to the Marketplace page from the ShipperHQ Dashboard (left sidebar)
- Select your desired carrier
- You will need to enable the LTL advanced feature before LTL carriers will be displayed
- You can filter by carrier type or by installation status using the dropdown menus near the search bar
- Being to install and validate a selected carrier by clicking the “install” button directly on the listing or click anywhere else on the listing to view a detailed page with more information about the carrier including information required for validating the carrier.
- Review the required validation elements:
- Proceed and enter the required account information as needed.
Note: Successful installation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by each carrier. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier or receive live rates.
- Once validation is successful, you will be presented with the option to enable your carrier right away or configure it further. Selecting configure will take you to the carrier’s details page.
Registering for Credentials
- Call YRC Customer service at 1-800-610-6500
- You will need to provide the following information to the representative:
- Physical Address
- Phone number
- Fax number
- Email address
- How often you ship and where you ship
- Shipment type and estimated weight
- You can request a quick registration to use secure tools on the YRC website.
Adding Credentials to your Carrier
You have already created the YRC Freight carrier in ShipperHQ, now you need to go back and add the credentials.
- Go to the carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Since you have already created the carrier, you will now need to edit it
- Click on the “Update Credentials” link on the top. That will bring you to the Validation screen.
- Click “Begin Validation” in the YRC Install screen and enter your carrier User name (provided by YRC Freight), the Password, and Business ID you received from YRC Freight. You will also need to set your Payment Terms, Business Role, and Packaging Container.
- ShipperHQ will indicate if validation is successful.
- Click “Configure This Carrier” on the validation popup to select your methods and set your YRC settings.