This explains how to set up a rule to restrict certain items to Ground only shipping. For example, a hazardous product.
This kind of rule can be set up 2 different ways: Carrier Rules against a Shipping Group, or restrict a Shipping Group directly.
OPTION A: Restrict shipping group only
- In the ShipperHQ dashboard, click on “Shipping Groups”
- Add a new one.
- Give the group a name. For example: GROUND_ONLY, or HAZARDOUS.
- If you only want the group to rate for a certain destination, select the Zone in “Restrict Destinations” panel. Otherwise skip.
- Under “Restrict Shipping Methods” panel, you will select your ground method.
- Save the group
OPTION B: Set carrier rule to restrict a shipping group
Create a Shipping Group
- You will follow the steps above, but skip the “Restrict to Shipping Methods” section. Or, you can click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one.
Create the New Carrier Rule
- Click on “Carrier Rules” on the left nav, and then click “Add New +”.
- Enter a name for this rule, something like “Hide Air methods from Hazardous items”.
- In the “Applicable Shipping Methods” section, choose the shipping method that you want to apply the rule to. In this case, you will choose all Air methods.
- In the “Conditions” section, find the drop down called Includes one or more of these Shipping Group(s) and select the shipping group you created.
- In the “Actions” section, find the drop down called “Action to Perform” and choose “Hide Shipping Methods”
- Save the rule.
Assign Products to Shipping Group
When you’ve set up a Shipping Group, you always need to assign it to the necessary products in your eCommerce platform.