This article covers how to hide some shipping methods when product quantity in the cart is a certain amount of items and above. I will be using “UPS” carrier and “UPS Ground”, “UPS Next Day Air” and other UPS methods, and also will use the 15 products as the starting QTY number for the products in the carts.
Please Note: I’m using UPS carrier and UPS shipping methods along side QTY 15 as examples here, this is something you can customize and adjust however you like.
To set this up, you will need a carrier rule and a filter. Follow the instructions below on how to accomplish this:
- Go to Carrier Rules > Add New+
- In the Basic panel, name the rule however you want. For this example, will be name ours “UPS 3 Day select when cart QTY is over 15 units”
- Go to the Shipping Methods panel. Add the Method that you want to be hidden when the QTY is 15 or up. For example, if you don’t want “UPS Ground and “UPS 2nd Day Air” then select both of them. Leave the ones that you want to show unselected.
- Go to Conditions panel. Under the “Weight/Price/Quantity filters” dropdown choose “Add New” If you don’t have a filter defined.
- A popup will appear where you can Name the filter, and then set the Min and the Max Quantity. Click on no “Max” If there isn’t any maximum for your rule. We’re using 15 as the Min Quantity example here.
- Create the Filter and it should automatically populate in the Filters condition field.
- Go to the Actions panel. On the Actions to Perform dropdown, select “Hide Shipping methods”
Once you accomplish this, the “UPS Ground and UPS Next Day Air” will no longer show up when the QTY of the products in the cart is 15 and up.
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.