This document outlines the process to connect your GLS US (formerly GSO or Golden State Overnight) account to ShipperHQ to obtain live rates associated with your GLS US account.
This document covers connecting your GLS US account to ShipperHQ. For information on connecting GLS Canada to your ShipperHQ account, see How to Set Up GLS Canada.
Before you begin, please ensure you have the following:
- Your GLS US billing account number
- Your GLS US User Name
- Your GLS US Password
- A Shipping Origin/Warehouse within the GLS US service area
If you don’t have an account with GLS US you will need to set up an account with GLS US before installing in ShipperHQ.
Adding GLS USNow that you have your credentials ready, use the steps below to set up GLS US in ShipperHQ.
- Log into your ShipperHQ account and click on Carriers in the navbar
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Choose the Live Rate Carrier option
- Use Search Carriers to search for GLS US or scroll down to find GLS US from the list of available carriers
- Select GLS US
- Enter the carrier name shown at checkout, for example “GLS US” or “Shipping”
- Click the Continue button
GLS US has been added to your ShipperHQ account! You can now continue to connect to your GLS US account and start getting live rates.
Connecting Your GLS US Account
- Click the Enter Credentials button Skip & Enter Later
You can select Skip & Enter Later if you don’t want to enter credentials now, but GLS US live rates won’t be available until credentials are entered and validated.
- Click the Enter Credentials button once again
- Select your ship-from location from the Origin associated with account drop-down menu
- Input your GLS US User Name into the User Name field
- Input your GLS US Password into the Password field
- Input your GLS US Billing Account Number into the Billing Account Number field
- Click the Validate button If validation fails, double check the credentials you’re using then click the Try Credentials Again link to attempt to re-enter your credentials. You can also review our Troubleshooting Carrier Authentication Errors doc for additional steps.
- If validation is successful, click the toggle button to enable the GLS US carrier if you’re ready to start offering GLS US rates to your customers
- Click the Configure This Carrier button if the validation process was successful and you wish to make changes to your GLS US configuration
Your GLS US carrier is now ready to be used!
Use any of the following links for more configuration options:
- Setting Up Shipping Rules
- How to Set Up Packing Rules
- How to Add a Surcharge/Handling Fee to a Carrier