This document outlines the process to connect your GLS Canada (formerly Dicom) account to ShipperHQ to obtain live rates associated with your GLS Canada account.
This document covers connecting your GLS Canada account to ShipperHQ. For information on connecting GLS US (formerly GSO or Golden State Overnight) to your ShipperHQ account, see our GLS US documentation.
Before you begin, please ensure you have the following:
- Your GLS Canada billing account number
- Your GLS Canada User Name
- Your GLS Canada Password
- A Canadian Shipping Origin/Warehouse
If you don’t have an account with GLS Canada you will need to set up an account with GLS Canada before installing in ShipperHQ.
Adding GLS CanadaNow that you have your credentials ready, use the steps below to set up GLS Canada in ShipperHQ.
- Log into your ShipperHQ account and click on Carriers in the navbar
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Choose the Live Rate Carrier option
- Use Search Carriers to search for GLS Canada or scroll down to find GLS Canada from the list of available carriers
- Select GLS Canada
- Enter the carrier name shown at checkout, for example “GLS Canada” or “Shipping”
- Click the Continue button
GLS Canada has been added to your ShipperHQ account! You can now continue to connect to your GLS Canada account and start getting live rates.
Connecting Your GLS Canada Account
- Click the Enter Credentials button Skip & Enter Later
You can select Skip & Enter Later if you don’t want to enter credentials now, but GLS Canada live rates won’t be available until credentials are entered and validated.
- Click the Enter Credentials button once again
- Select your ship-from location from the Origin associated with account drop-down menu
- Input your GLS Canada User Name into the User Name field
- Input your GLS Canada Password into the Password field
- Input your GLS Canada Billing Account Number into the Billing Account Number field
- Choose the appropriate Payment Type for your GLS Canada Account in the Payment Type field (it is uncommon to need any type other than “Prepaid”)
- Click the Validate button If validation fails, double check the credentials you’re using then click the Try Credentials Again link to attempt to re-enter your credentials. You can also review our Troubleshooting Carrier Authentication Errors doc for additional steps.
- If validation is successful, click the toggle button to enable the GLS Canada carrier if you’re ready to start offering GLS Canada rates to your customers
- Click the Configure This Carrier button if the validation process was successful and you wish to make changes to your GLS Canada configuration
Your GLS Canada carrier is now ready to be used!
Use any of the following links for more configuration options:
- Setting Up Shipping Rules
- How to Set Up Packing Rules
- How to Add a Surcharge/Handling Fee to a Carrier