ShipperHQ gives merchants the ability to prioritize carriers shown to customers at checkout. With carrier prioritization, merchants can set up a secondary carrier that is only shown if their primary carrier doesn’t cover a particular region.
On This Page
Benefits of using Carrier Prioritization include:
- Carrier availability: While shipping via LTL carrier has its benefits, the downside is that LTL carriers can be limited by region. As such, merchants can use this setting to set a carrier to appear at checkout for those regions.
- Easy setup: Setting up carrier priotizations are done in a few easy steps as shown below.
Before you begin, please ensure you have the following:
- A carrier setup and enabled
How to enable Carrier Prioritization
Use the steps outlined below to enable Carrier Prioritization.
- Log into your ShipperHQ account.
- Navigate to the Carriers dashboard.
- Click the Settings option located above the Carriers table on the right-hand side.
- Check the Allow Carrier Prioritization checkbox.
- Click the Apply button.
How to Configure Carrier Prioritization
Use the steps outlined below to configure Carrier Prioritization.
- From the Carriers dashboard, click your desired carrier from the carrier table.
- Click the Optional tab.
- Navigate down to the Prioritize Carrier section.
- Select the carrier(s) you want to hide from the Hide other carriers dropdown menu.
- Click the Save button.
These carriers are hidden from the customer at checkout.
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.