In some cases, you may want to prevent any rates from returning. I.E. if you do not ship to certain locations.
Please Note: On some platforms, you can set an error message against the hidden rates. The error message is not currently supported on BigCommerce or Shopify platforms.
- Go to Carrier Rules and create a new Carrier Rule
- In the Basic panel, give it a name that is relevant to the rule (i.e.: “No Rates to Zone X”)
- Shipping Methods panel, highlight all shipping method options in both boxes.
- Conditions panel, select your necessary conditions. I.E. if you are preventing shipping to a specific Zone, then you will choose the Zone you don’t ship to under Apply to Zones.
- In Actions panel, select Hide Shipping Methods
- Some platforms only: If you are on Magento 1, 2, or Zoey platforms, you can check the “Show Error Message when this Rule Applies” box (see screenshot below for reference)
- Enter the error message you want to display.
Voila! All shipping method options will be hidden when your chosen conditions match.