In some cases you may want to prevent any rates from returning. I.E. if you do not ship to certain locations.
On some platforms, you can set an error message against the hidden rates. The error message is not currently supported on BigCommerce or Shopify platforms.
- Go to Carrier Rules and create a new Carrier Rule
- Give it a name that is relevant to the rule (i.e.: “Prevent Rates to California”)
- In Applicable Shipping Methods section, highlight all options in both boxes.
- In Conditions section, select your necessary conditions. I.E. if you are preventing shipping to a specific Zone, then you will choose the Zone you don’t ship to under ‘Zones’.
- In Actions section, select Hide Shipping Methods
- Some platforms only: If you are on Magento 1, 2, or Zoey platforms, you can check the “Show Error Message when this Rule Applies” box (see screenshot below for reference)
- Enter the error message you want to display.
Voila! All shipping method options will be hidden when your chosen conditions match.