One common scenario in shipping is where you offer Free Shipping to just a specific zone. A common scenario would be just allowing Free Shipping to the US 48.
No matter your scenario, you can use ShipperHQ’s Carrier Rule logic to allow Free Shipping to certain zones.
- You’ll need at least one Carrier set up in ShipperHQ
- You’ll need to have your Zone defined that you want to give Free Shipping to.
- We’ll be using a Carrier Rule to set this up so click on Carrier Rules in the left-hand navbar in your ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click the Add New + button to add a new Carrier Rule
- In the Basic panel, enter a Name for your Carrier Rule. Something like “Free UPS Ground for US 48”
- Under Shipping Methods, Add the method (or methods if you’re offering multiple free options) that you want to be free when this rule applies
- Under Conditions, select the Zone that should receive free shipping in the Apply to Zones dropdown.
- If any other restrictions apply (for example, if this promotion only applies after a specific Cart Price specific Shipping Groups or Customer Groups this is where you would add these condition requirements)
- In the Actions panel, set the Action to Perform dropdown to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods” and Adapt Shipping Rates to “Set Rates”. Then, under Set/Modify Shipping Rate enter
0.00as the Shipping Rate.
- Save your Rule
ShipperHQ will set the methods you selected on the rule to $0.00 when the customer is in the applicable Zone.