One common scenario in shipping is where you offer Free Shipping to just a specific shipping zone. A common scenario would be just allowing Free Shipping to the US 48.
No matter your scenario, you can use ShipperHQ’s Shipping Rule logic to allow Free Shipping to certain shipping zones.
- You’ll need at least one Carrier set up in ShipperHQ
- You’ll need to have your Shipping Zone defined that you want to give Free Shipping to.
- We’ll be using a Shipping Rule to set this up so click on Shipping Rules in the left-hand navbar in your ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click the +New button to add a new Shipping Rule
- In the Basic tab, enter a descriptive name for your rule. Something like “Free UPS Ground for US 48”
- Under Shipping Methods section, add the method (or methods if you’re offering multiple free options) that you want to be free when this rule applies
- In the Actions tab under the “Action to Perform” section set I want to… to “Modify the Price of my selected Shipping Methods” and In Order to… to “Override Rates” and “By a Flat Rate”
- Enter “0” for the flat rate and set And Apply This Rate to “Per Cart”
- In the Conditions tab, select the Shipping Zone that should receive free shipping in the Zones Include dropdown.
- If any other restrictions apply (for example, if this promotion only applies after a specific Cart Price specific Shipping Groups or Customer Groups this is where you would add these condition requirements)
- Save and test your rule
ShipperHQ will set the methods you selected on the rule to $0.00 when the customer is in the applicable Shipping Zone.