Say you offer $X off of shipping, and the customer needs to pay the difference for any shipping cost over that amount.
For example: Offering $100 off shipping. If the shipping ends up costing $85.00, ShipperHQ will set the shipping price t0 $0.00. But if the shipping costs $110, ShipperHQ will charge $10.
- Go to Shipping Rules click the +New button
- In the Basic tab, name the rule “Free shipping up to $100” or something relevant
- Under Shipping Methods section, select whichever Shipping Methods you’d like to apply this rule to (i.e. UPS Ground)
- In the Actions tab under the “Action to Perform” section set I want to… to “Modify the Price of my selected Shipping Methods” and In Order to… to “Surcharge or Discount Rates” and “By a Flat Rate”
- Enter “-100” for the flat rate and set And Apply This Rate to “Per Cart”
- In the Conditions tab, set conditions to the rule if applicable. (For example, if you’re only offering $100 off shipping for certain Shipping Groups, Filters or Shipping Zones)
- Save and test the rule
This will tell ShipperHQ to subtract $100 from any rate on the methods you selected in step 3. If the shipping cost returned is under $100, ShipperHQ will set the rate to $0. After the rate passes $100, the customer will pay for the difference.