Say you offer $X off of shipping, and the customer needs to pay the difference for any shipping cost over that amount.
For example: Offering $100 off shipping. If the shipping ends up costing $85.00, ShipperHQ will set the shipping price t0 $0.00. But if the shipping costs $110, ShipperHQ will charge $10.
- Go to Carrier Rules > Add New +
- In the Basic panel, name the rule “Free shipping up to $100” or something relevant
- Under Shipping Methods panel, select whichever Shipping Methods you’d like to apply this rule to (i.e. UPS Ground)
- Under Conditions panel, set conditions to the rule if applicable. (For example, if you’re only offering $100 off shipping for certain Shipping Groups, Filters or Zones)
- Under the Actions panel, set the Action to Perform dropdown to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods” > Set the Adapt Shipping Rates dropdown to “Surcharge Rates” > and set Apply Shipping Rate/Percentage to “Per Cart”.
- Still in Actions panel, in the Set/Modify Shipping Rate box, set the the Shipping Rate field to -100.00
- Save the Rule
This will tell ShipperHQ to subtract $100 from any rate on the methods you selected in step 3. If the shipping cost returned is under $100, ShipperHQ will set the rate to $0. After the rate passes $100, the customer will pay for the difference.