This guide goes through how to offer a certain shipping option or method for free over a certain price threshold. In this article, we’ll use the example of free UPS Ground shipping for customers in the US 48 if the order total is over $100.
- In ShipperHQ, ensure you have your Carrier set with the desired shipping methods.
- Click on Filters on the navbar and add a new filter. Give it a relevant name (i.e. Cart over $100)
- Under Price Filter change the dropdown to “Range”. Enter a Min value of 100, and check the No Max checkbox.
- Save your Filter. You now have a filter set up which will match against any order where the subtotal exceeds $100.
- Click on Shipping Rules on the navbar and add a new Rule.
- In Basic tab, enter a descriptive Name (e.g. “Free UPS Ground over $100”)
- On the I Want To… under the “choose an action” select “Override Rates”. Under “By a Flat Rate”, enter “0”.
- Scroll down to For These Shipping Method… select add methods and assign the methods you wish to provide free shipping for.
- Under the Perform Action When… section, select your configured filter under Weight/Price/Quantity Is. A new filter can also be configured here by selecting “Add New” in the dropdown list.
- Save your Shipping Rule.
ShipperHQ will now set the selected methods to be Free if the order subtotal is $100 or greater and the customer is shipping to an address in the US 48.
Combining the price Filter with other Filters or Shipping Groups or Zones you can define more specific scenarios in which to offer free shipping. You can also use this same approach to set Flat Rate shipping in certain scenarios.