Offer granular control for shoppers at checkout by enabling Enhanced Checkout for BigCommerce and access calendar date selection for pickup and delivery, offer in-store pickup options with map and store info, and update your checkout experience.
Enabling the Enhanced Checkout in BigCommerce
After you’ve installed the ShipperHQ Plus App for BigCommerce you’ll need to do the following:
- Follow the instructions in BigCommerce to add a custom address field
- In BigCommerce go to Settings > Account signup form
- On that page select the “Address Fields” tab (see screenshot below)
- Select the field type
- Name the text field
SHQ_UPDATE_HASH– the name must match exactly
- Navigate to the ShipperHQ Plus app and go to Advanced Features in the left-hand navigation of ShipperHQ’s dashboard, scroll down the list, and toggle the the Enhanced Checkout feature to “Active”.
The Enhanced Checkout checkout experience will automatically install itself into the checkout. After ~5 minutes, when the rating system moves over to Enhanced Checkout, the installation will be complete.
- Go to your BigCommerce Settings > Shipping Manager and make sure that the “Checkout Shipping Options” section toggle is set to “Default”.
Optional post-install checks
- Confirm the Enhanced Checkout script has been installed. In the BC admin go to Storefront > Script Manager, and confirm an entry exists for ‘ShipperHQ EC’. Do not modify the script, just confirm its presence. The EC experience will not be present in the checkout without it.
- Confirm the Shipping Insights App Extension has been installed. In the BC admin go to Orders. Click the
...next to any order. There should be an entry in the menu to ‘View Order In ShipperHQ’.
- Go to your store’s checkout and enter a shipping address and phone number. You should see the new Enhanced Checkout view load here.
Rates are not returning in my checkout. I am just seeing 3 pulsing blue dots.
If you have waited 5 minutes from the time you enabled the Enhanced Checkout feature and no rates return at checkout or you’re seeing 3 pulsing blue dots in the shipping method section at checkout that never finish loading, first try clearing all browser cookies and caches then starting a new checkout.
If the above does not work, check your BigCommerce Settings > Shipping Manager and be sure your “Checkout Shipping Options” section toggle is set to “Default”.
If rates still aren’t loading after clearing caches/cookies and checking shipping settings then check for any shipping errors in the BigCommerce Store logs by going to Settings > Store Logs in your BigCommerce dashboard and looking for any errors returned. If you see an error, open the log and copy the “Quote ID” and send it to ShipperHQ to help diagnose the issue.
I’m only seeing the normal presentation of shipping methods, not the new Enhanced Checkout experience
Solution: Go to the Websites tab in the SHQ+ App and edit your website. Under the integrations Tab, delete the existing EC token and generate a new one.