This document will cover how to connect ShipperHQ to NZ Post to retrieve real-time domestic and international shipping rates. This article will describe what you need to get connected and how to connect NZ Post to your ShipperHQ account.
NZ Post Services
ShipperHQ’s integration with NZ Post supports both international and domestic small package/courier rates including:
- Courier Economy
- Courier Parcel
Our integration with NZ Post also supports a wide variety of ShipperHQ functionality including:
- Shipping Rules
- Multi-Origin Shipping
- Dimensional Packing
- Shipping Insights
- Rate Shopping & Method Naming
Currently, our integration with NZ Post does not support the ShipperHQ Date & Time Advanced Feature.
To start returning NZ Post rates with ShipperHQ, you’ll need the following:
- An Origin with a New Zealand address configured in ShipperHQ
- A registered account with NZ Post
- Your NZ Post Client ID
- Your NZ Post Password
- Your NZ Post Account Number
Register for NZ Post Credentials
In order to obtain API credentials from NZ Post, contact your NZ Post account representative.
Steps To Add This Carrier
- Go to the carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Select Live Rate Carrier
- Search for and select NZ Post
- Name this carrier (this name will be the name your customers see in the Checkout).
- Success! Your NZ Post carrier has now been added to your list of carriers in ShipperHQ.
- You may now proceed to Validate your NZ Postcarrier (instructions are in the following section), or you can skip this step and choose to validate your carrier at another time. If you choose to skip validation you can begin to configure your carrier’s settings right away.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
In order for your live rate carrier to access your live rates, you will need to enter your carrier account credentials for NZ Post and have them validated.
Validation, simply means that ShipperHQ was able to access the shipping account related to the credentials that you entered and retrieve rates.
If you choose to skip validation after adding your new carrier you will be reminded to add your credentials later.
To Validate your NZ Post account:
- Select Enter Credentials & Validate
- Review the information required to validate, which is:
- A registered account
- Your Client ID
- Your Password
- Your Account Number
Note: Successful installation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by NZ Post. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.
- Once you have these credentials, Continue
- Enter your account credentials
- If validation is successful, you will be presented with:
- The option to enable your carrier right away. (Enabling your carrier at this time will turn its rates on immediately even before you have made any configuration adjustments to it.)
- Begin to configure. Continuing with this button will take you to the carrier’s configuration page. You can also enable the carrier from this page once you have saved your settings.
Installed but not validated
Your carrier can be installed and configured, but not validate. Successful validation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by each carrier. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.