In this article, we will describe how to connect Purolator to your ShipperHQ account. When setting up your Purolator carrier in ShipperHQ, you’ll need certain credentials that will allow ShipperHQ to connect to the Purolator service and obtain a rate quote. This article covers gathering the info you need, setting up Purolator in your ShipperHQ account, and info on how to best manage your connection between ShipperHQ and Purolator.
On This Page
The following lists the credentials necessary with steps to obtain/set-up the necessary credentials.
Necessary Credentials and Settings:
- A registered corporate account with Purolator
- Your API Key
- Your API Key Password
- Your Account Number
- An existing Origin withing ShipperHQ
Register and Obtain Purolator Credentials
- Go to Purolator’s registration page
- Select Open a Purolator Business Account
- Complete the contact information
- Navigate to your API settings or contact Purolator to acquire the necessary credentials above
Steps To Add This Carrier
- Go to the Carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Select Live Rate Carrier
- Search for and select Purolator
- Name this carrier (this name will be the name your customers see in the Checkout.)
- Success! Your Purolator carrier has now been added to your list of carriers in ShipperHQ.
- You may now proceed to Enter Credentials & Validate, or you can skip this step and choose to validate your carrier at another time. If you choose to skip validation you can begin to configure your carrier’s settings right away.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
In order for your live rate carrier to access your live rates, you will need to enter your carrier account credentials for Purolator and have them validated.
Validation, simply means that ShipperHQ was able to access the shipping account related to the credentials that you entered and retrieve rates.
If you choose to skip validation after adding your new carrier you will be reminded to add your credentials later.
To Validate your Purolator Carrier:
- Select Enter Credentials & Validate
- Select an Origin, enter the API and account information and click Validate
Note: Successful installation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.
- If validation is successful, you will be presented with:
- The option to enable your carrier right away. (Enabling your carrier at this time will turn its rates on immediately even before you have made any configuration adjustments to it.)
- Configure This Carrier. Continuing with this button will take you to the carrier’s configuration page. You can also enable the carrier from this page once you have saved your settings.
- If validation fails, the credentials you have already entered will still be saved so they will populate the form when you return. You can:
- Choose to try validation again and double-check that the information you entered is correct.
- Skip validation for now and complete it later. You will be reminded to complete validation later to get rates.
- Contact us if you are struggling to validate your carrier and you believe the credentials you are using are correct.
If you receive a message like above, please provide your 7-digit Purolator account number and we will contact Purolator on your behalf and ask them to optimize your system in order to complete this service request fast enough for ShipperHQ standards.