If you are moving from WebShopApps stand alone extensions to ShipperHQ on Magento 1, we have a handy tool to help you set up your catalog’s configuration. The Migration Manager (available from Github) will map your existing WebShopApps product attribute values to the values you select for your ShipperHQ configuration. This article explains this process and how to use the Migration Manager.
The Migration Manager tool currently supports migration from
- Product Matrix
- Shipping Override
- Freight modules
If there are other extensions you wish to use this tool with, please let us know.
For example, if you have been using Dropship from WebShopApps and are moving to ShipperHQ, you can use the Migration Manager so that all products previously assigned to a warehouse will be assigned to a ShipperHQ Origin (warehouse) you choose.
- ShipperHQ installed in Magento
- You’ve configured your Origins and Shipping Groups in ShipperHQ
- You have synchronized your Magento site with ShipperHQ
Example Migration for Dropship to ShipperHQ
- Go to Catalog > ShipperHQ > Migration Manager
- The migration dialog will list each warehouse you have created for Dropship. For each Warehouse, we select a value for ShipperHQ Origin
- Click Migrate
- This will assign every product with a warehouse value of “New York Warehouse” from Dropship to a ShipperHQ Origin value of “New York”
- Similarly, this will assign every product with a warehouse value of “California Warehouse” from Dropship to a ShipperHQ Origin value of “California”
- Once the migration is complete, you will see how many products have been updated
Deleting WebShopApps Attributes
If you need to delete WebShopApps attributes we recommend you do this from the Magento admin as it will cleanly remove. If you find you don’t have the delete capability for an attribute you will need to get your developer to go updated that attribute in the
eav_attribute table and set
user_defined to 1. Then you can delete from the admin. Please take care here, we are not responsible for any mishaps.