This document will cover how to add an Easyship carrier to your ShipperHQ account. You will need an Easyship API access token. The instructions below will tell you where to go and how to get it. You will then add an Easyship carrier in ShipperHQ that will use this token to connect directly to Easyship’s API and retrieve live shipping rates.
On This Page
Follow these directions to obtain/set-up the necessary credentials and add the Easyship carrier in ShipperHQ.
Register for Easyship API token
- You’ll need to go to the Easyship website. Click either “Log in” or “Sign Up”.
- You need to have an Easyship account to pull live rates with ShipperHQ. If you do not have one, you can register by clicking “Sign up”.
- On your Easyship dashboard, select Connect > Add New > API Integration, select “Production” and copy the Access Token
- Detailed instructions on how to generate an access token can be found on the Easyship help docs
Steps To Add This Carrier
- Go to the Carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Select Live Rate Carrier
- Search for and select Easyship
- Name this carrier (this name will be the name your customers see in the Checkout.)
- Success! Your Easyship carrier has now been added to your list of carriers in ShipperHQ.
- You may now proceed to Validate your Easyship Carrier (instructions are in the following section), or you can skip this step and choose to validate your carrier at another time. If you choose to skip validation you can begin to configure your carrier’s settings right away.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
In order for your live rate carrier to access your live rates, you will need to enter your carrier account credentials for Easyship and have them validated.
Validation, simply means that ShipperHQ was able to access the shipping account related to the credentials that you entered and retrieve rates.
If you choose to skip validation after adding your new carrier you will be reminded to add your credentials later.
To Validate your Easyship Carrier:
- Select Enter Credentials & Validate
- Review the information required to validate and Continue. The information listed here should be the credentials you received by following the instructions above to Register for an Easyship API Token.
- Enter the API information obtained from Easyship and click Validate
Note: Successful installation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by Easyship. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.
- If validation is successful, you will be presented with:
- The option to enable your carrier right away. (Enabling your carrier at this time will turn its rates on immediately even before you have made any configuration adjustments to it.)
- Begin to configure. Continuing with this button will take you to the carrier’s configuration page. You can also enable the carrier from this page once you have saved your settings.
If validation fails, the credentials you have already entered will still be saved so they will populate the form when you return. You can:
- Choose to try validation again and double-check that the information you entered is correct.
- Skip validation for now and complete it later. You will be reminded to complete validation later to get rates.
- Contact us if you are struggling to validate your carrier and you believe the credentials you are using are correct. We will be happy to help get you validated.