In some cases, you may want to hide shipping methods for certain days of the week. With Carrier Rules, we support hiding methods for certain delivery days of the week. The instructions below will walk you through this setup.
NOTE: if you want to hide specific options based on the day an order is being placed, ShipperHQ’s Day-Based Rules functionality covers that need. It is part of our Date & Time Advanced Feature. Please note, you must have the Calendar enabled on Date&Time. Day-Based Rules is currently not supported for BigCommerce.
- Date & Time Advanced Feature Enabled
- Estimated Delivery Dates, Estimated Time in Transit, or Calendar enabled your Carrier
This will walk you though setting up a rule that hides FedEx Home Delivery when delivering on a Saturday.
- Ensure you have a FedEx Carrier set up with Home Delivery enabled as a Shipping Method
- Click on Carrier Rules in the left-hand navbar
- Create a new Carrier Rule and name it something that’s relevant to you
- In the Applicable Shipping Methods panel select FedEx Ground
- In the Advanced Conditions panel, select “Saturday” in the Applicable Delivery Days field
- In the Actions panel, set Action to Perform to “Hide Shipping Methods”
- Save your Carrier Rule
ShipperHQ will now hide FedEx Ground when delivering on a Saturday.
This capability can be combined with any other Conditions on your carrier rule to make this apply in the specific scenario you need it to apply. Additionally, you can discount, override/set, or hide certain shipping options on specific days using other Actions.