The ShipperHQ Magento extension comes with the comprehensive ShipperHQ Logger. This article details how to configure the logger and use it to find valuable information about shipping rate quotes from ShipperHQ.
In Magento 2, you can extract the transaction ID by using the ShipperHQ Logger.
The logger gives you the following capabilities:
- Dedicated log panel within admin, no need to open log files
- Ability to set logging level to show more/less logs
- Log to admin, file system and/or via email
Additionally we have added the following functionality:
- Runs asynchronously, reducing impact on performance to a minimum
- Ability to switch off when in production, will not affect performance at all
- Periodic Cron job which clears out WebShopApps extension related logs from the database
On This Page
Configuring the ShipperHQ Logger
- Go to Stores > Configuration > Advanced > ShipperHQ Logger
- Under Logger Configuration, set Enabled to Yes
- Set Minimum Log Level – Admin Panel to ‘Debug’
- Under Extension(s) to log output from, ensure Shipperhq_Shipper is set to Enabled
- Save the configuration changes
- Go to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods > ShipperHQ
- Set Debug = “Yes”
- Perform the request or test that you are investigating
- Go to System > ShipperHQ View Logs
- Open the entry titled “Rate Request and Result”
Interpreting the Logs
Here you will find information around the most important aspects of the rate request:
From here, we send the request above, and we receive a response:
Locating Transaction IDs
If you cannot determine the issue by reviewing your logs, a Transaction ID is used by our support team to investigate issues faster. By providing a Transaction ID along with your support email, we can start looking into the problem much faster.
- Scroll down until you see the field TransactionId, within the response. Use cmd-f (if mac), or ctrl-f on others. Then type “transaction” and the transaction id is found.
- Copy this number, along with a description of the problem you’re having to the support team so they can begin to diagnose the issue.
- Once you have this information, remember to disable the ShipperHQ logger as per steps 2 and 3 and set Debug = No as per step 7
Please remember to turn the logger off, it does not need to be constantly running. If left running it will slow down your shipping rates exponentially.