Shopify and BigCommerce don’t currently support custom error messages to display through ShipperHQ. However, you can change the default error message through the platforms themselves with the below steps.
NOTE: This document covers how to change the error message. If you are looking to troubleshoot the reason for seeing errors, check out our troubleshooting docs.
- From your BigCommerce Dashboard, go to Store Setup > Shipping
- Scroll to Checkout Shipping Options and find the Out of Delivery Zone Message section (screenshot below)
- Press Edit
- In the popup, enter the new message you want to set
- Click Submit
- From your store admin, head to Settings > Checkout
- Scroll to the Checkout Language section and press “Manage Checkout Language”
- Scroll down to the Checkout Shipping section
- Edit the text in the “No rates for cart or destination notice” textbox
- Test your error message in the cart/checkout