Let’s say you have some items that you charge a flat rate of $5.95 ground shipping, no matter how many are in the cart. But you also have other items which are larger that you need to charge standard UPS rates for. This guide goes through how to set this up in ShipperHQ.
- Be sure to already have installed and configured your UPS Carrier
- Define your Shipping Group for flat rate items
Steps for ShipperHQ
- Go to Shipping Rules and click the +New button
- Under the Basic tab, give the rule a relevant name (i.e. “Flat Rate $5.95 on FLAT items”)
- Under the Shipping Methods section, Add UPS Ground as the Live Rate Shipping Method Assigned
- In Action tab under the “Action to Perform” section set I want to… to “Modify the Price of my selected Shipping Methods”, and In Order to… to “Override Rates” and “By a Flat Rate”.
- Enter $5.95 in the flat rate field and under And Apply This Rate to “Per Shipping Group” or “To each item in Shipping Group” (depending on your need).
- In Conditions, under Shipping Groups Include One or More, select your Flat Rate shipping group, or add a new shipping group “FLAT”
- Also in Conditions tab, specify any zones you wish this to apply to (if required). (e.g you may only want for US48)
- Save and test your Shipping Rule
Steps for Platform
Magento 1/2 Platforms
- Sync your shipping groups, then you will see your Flat Rate Shipping Group in the shipping tab
- Assign the Flat Rate shipping group to any items you wish to ship flat rate
When flat rate items are in the cart alone, $5.95 will show. However, when flat rate items are in the cart along with standard items, then the UPS Ground price will be added to the $5.95. Other shipping methods (e.g. next day) will use the weight of all the items.
You can optionally prevent other shipping methods from showing when flat items are in the cart by setting up a prevent shipping rule. You can also set this up so that the flat rate would apply to the whole cart. All you have to do is apply the rule action. Bear in mind then you are saying all non-flat items ship for free when flat items are in the cart.
Verify that your carriers and rules are working and see how they will display in your checkout right from the ShipperHQ dashboard.