This document will cover how to add a Canada Post carrier to your ShipperHQ account. You will create a Canada Post API Username and Password. The instructions below will tell you where to go and how to get them. You will then add a Canada Post carrier in ShipperHQ that will use this username and password to connect directly to Canada Post’s API and retrieve live shipping rates.
On This Page
Follow these directions to obtain/set-up the necessary credentials and add the Canada Post carrier in ShipperHQ.
Register for Canada Post API credentials
- You’ll need to go to the Canada Post Developer Program website. Click either “Sign in” or “Join NOW”.
- You need to have a Canada Post account to pull live rates with ShipperHQ. If you do not have one, you can register by clicking “Sign up” (this is 100% free).
- If this is your first time to access the Developer Program website, you might see a License Agreement. Please read over, then click the green button that says “Agree and Continue.”
- Canada Post will then prompt you through the steps required to get the credentials.
- Click on the blue button labeled “Developer program” on top of the left-hand column, you’ll then see your “API keys”
- You will need these during carrier setup below, please copy and store in a safe place.
Steps To Add This Carrier
- Go to the carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Select Live Rate Carrier
- Search for and select Canada Post
- Name this carrier (this name will be the name your customers see in the Checkout).
- Success! Your Canada Post carrier has now been added to your list of carriers in ShipperHQ.
- You may now proceed to Validate your Canada Post carrier (instructions are in the following section), or you can skip this step and choose to validate your carrier at another time. If you choose to skip validation you can begin to configure your carrier’s settings right away.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
In order for your live rate carrier to access your live rates, you will need to enter your carrier account credentials for Canada Post and have them validated.
Validation, simply means that ShipperHQ was able to access the shipping account related to the credentials that you entered and retrieve rates.
If you choose to skip validation after adding your new carrier you will be reminded to add your credentials later.
To Validate your Canada Post account:
- Select Enter Credentials & Validate
- Review the information required to validate, which is:
- A registered account
- Your Customer Number
- Your API User Name
- Your Password
- Your Contract ID
Note: Successful installation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by Canada Post. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.
- Once you have these credentials, Continue
- Enter your account credentials
- If validation is successful, you will be presented with:
- The option to enable your carrier right away. (Enabling your carrier at this time will turn its rates on immediately even before you have made any configuration adjustments to it.)
- Begin to configure. Continuing with this button will take you to the carrier’s configuration page. You can also enable the carrier from this page once you have saved your settings.
Installed but not validated
Your carrier can be installed and configured, but not validate. Successful validation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by each carrier. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.