ShipperHQ uses Google Maps APIs to retrieve geolocation data, provide address autocomplete features and show maps on checkout. For customers who are using the Dropship or Store Pickup features, they’ll need to sign up for and enter a Google Maps API Key for these features to function.
To create your API Key, enable necessary API services, and retrieve your API Key:
- Log into the Google Developer Console with your Google Account
- Click the drop down next to “Project” to create a new project
- Enter the Project Name “ShipperHQ” . If required, check the box next to the terms of service, and click “Create”.
- You’ll see a notification window showing that your project is being created and you can continue
- From the Library directory on the left panel, you should see a search bar to search all Google API’s
- Look under the APIs heading and click “View All”. This will take you to the API overview page.
- Repeat this for the “Google Maps Geocoding API”
- Repeat this again for the “Google Places API Web Service”
- You should now see all three of these APIs listed on the Dashboard under API heading
- Click “Credentials” on the left hand menu and select “Create Credentials->API Key”
- Select “API Key” button, as per the screenshot from #14 then, in the popup, dialog enter a name for this key. (You can optionally choose to limit which IP addresses can make requests using this key).
- Click “Close” button in the popup.
- Copy your API key and enter in ShipperHQ as explained below
Adding your Google Maps API Key to ShipperHQ
To enter your newly created Google Maps API Key in ShipperHQ:
- Log in to your ShipperHQ Dashboard
- Select “Account Settings” from left nav
- Select the “Global Settings” tab
- Enter your Google Maps API Key in the “Google API Key” field (see screenshot)
- Click the “Update” button at the bottom of the page