This document will cover how to create a Keystone Dedicated Logistics API Username and Password. The instructions below will tell you where to go and how to get them.
Create a Keystone Dedicated Logistics Carrier
The first step is to create a new KDL carrier in ShipperHQ.
Prerequisite: You will need to have the LTL Advanced Feature enabled. See enabling advanced features here.
- Click on Carriers in the left-hand navbar
- Click the Add New button to add a new carrier
- Select “Freight LTL” from the Carrier Type select
- Select “Keystone Dedicated Logistics” from the Carrier select
- Enter the name you want to use for this carrier in the Carrier Name field (e.g. “KDL”)
- Click Create Carrier
Register for Keystone Dedicated Logistics API credentials
- You’ll need to contact Keystone Dedicated Logistics to obtain your API credentials for validation.
Add Credentials to Keystone Dedicated Logistics Carrier
- Go to the carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard.
- Since you have already created the carrier, you will now need to edit it.
- Go to the Account Settings section
- Enter the API User name, Password, Customer Number and Contact ID (all are provided by Keystone Dedicated Logistics)
- “Validate Credentials against Carrier” should be checked. And if you would like to use Negotiated rates this will need to be checked as well.