ShipperHQ’s Delivery Date & Time feature supports showing:
- Delivery Dates (eg. Fri, July 10)
- Time in Transit (e.g. 3 days)
- A calendar for selecting the date and time the customer wants the order to be delivered on (this feature is not available on BigCommerce or Shopify)
We support these time/date options on the following Carriers:
- UPS Freight (transit days only)
- Canada Post
- Table Rate Custom Carrier
On This Page
*Note: If you are on Magento 2.x.x and trying to set up Calendar , you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for access to private satis repository for ShipperHQ’s module-calendar and module-pickup packages.
In order to enable these features:
1. Under the Advanced Features tab in the left navigation, enable Delivery Date & Time from the menu screen (screenshot below)
2. Once enabled, you will see some feature settings if you click on the gear icon on that feature.
To configure your Date & Time settings, Go back to Carriers and see “Live Rate Carriers” section below.
- Could not determine Delivery Date message: This is where you can set the message that should appear if a Delivery Date is not determined.
- Lead Time Overrides Cutoff Time: If set to yes, cutoff time is ignored if a Lead Time has been applied
- Calendar Display Option: How the Calendar should display in Checkout (inline, or Popup). Only supported on Magento 1/2 and Zoey Platforms.
If you are using any form of time in transit capabilities (delivery date/time or a calendar) then it is necessary to set up the date-based information.
ShipperHQ asks for details on:
- Blackout production days/dates – e.g. when is your factory not producing the goods. This could be set to 0 if you can ship items straight away. A great example is a picture framer who needs 5 days to produce the picture from time of order
- Blackout shipment days/dates – when can the goods be picked up for delivery
- Cut-off time – Whats the cut-off time for this origin to be able to ship goods. Only relevant if shipping on the same day
1. Under the carrier look for the Date & Time tab.
2. Click on the Delivery Date Information dropdown to choose between displaying shipping rates only, Delivery Date, Time in Transit, or Show Calendar
NOTE: “Show Calendar” is currently not available for BigCommerce or Shopify
3 a. When Delivery Date or Time in Transit are selected, you can update settings around Lead Times, Cut-off Times, or Blackout Dates.
3 b. When Show Calendar is selected, you may determine the start and end dates of the calendar you’d like to display for delivery day. You may also define the total number of days available for the customer to select from. By default, ShipperHQ will use the lead time of the origin a product is shipping from as the lead time for this carrier, but if you choose to override that as it pertains to this specific carrier, you can do so here. Lastly, you can edit the blackout delivery dates of this carrier if necessary.
4. Save the Carrier
Now your Live Rate Carrier will show Delivery Date or Time in Transit with the Shipping Rates and methods.
Show Cheapest Delivery Date
Note that when you select “Show Calendar” per the screenshot above, you get a tick box that states “Show Cheapest Delivery Date.” What this functionality intended to do is to default to the dates that return the cheapest method upon landing on the checkout initially prior to selecting any dates.
For instance, let’s say that tomorrow (1st of the month) is an available delivery date and expedited methods like Standard Overnight and Next day air are returning, but there is no ground method (the least expensive method) for tomorrow. When that option is ticked, the calendar is going to default on the 4th of the month as that day is returning the “Ground” method, as it’s one of the least expensive methods.
This functionality will look for multiple days and is going to return the cheapest methods. Of course, it will take into account max time in transit, blackout delivery dates/days prior to auto-selecting that day on the calendar.
Table Rate Carriers
On Table Rate Carriers, you can set Lead Times against your custom shipping methods and set additional Calendar Settings.
In your Table Rate Carrier, under the Basic tab, go to the Shipping Methods section. Edit your methods to add Lead Times. The lead times you set here will affect the Delivery Date shown against the method.
After lead times are set against the methods, Save the Carrier. You should now be set to show Delivery Date & Time against shipping methods.
For more information on customizing the text displayed for your delivery dates and time in transit, read about our explanatory text on the checkout.
Additional Info on Functionality
Read more about setting up Delivery Date & Time in ShipperHQ with the articles below:
- Delivery Date & Time: Cutoffs, Lead Time, and Blackouts for Delivery Date and Time in Transit
- Day-Based Rules
- Time Slot Configuration
- Hide Shipping Methods on certain Days of the Week