SCENARIO: You want to offer 2 day shipping for certain products only. In ShipperHQ this can be set up by hiding certain methods when any product that doesn’t get this method is in the cart.
Part 1: Create a Shipping Group
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings. Make a name for your shipping group. For this example, we’re naming it “QUICK”
Part 2: Create the New Carrier Rule
- Click on “Carrier Rules” on the left nav, and then click “Add New +”.
- Enter a name for this rule, something appropriate for you.
- In the “Applicable Shipping Methods” section, choose the shipping method that will be affected by this rule. In this example, that would be the 2nd Day option.
- In the “Conditions” section, find the drop down Must include all these Shipping Group(s) and select “All products not assigned to to a Shipping Group”. If you have other Shipping Groups that are not the “QUICK” one created in part 1, select those as well.
- In the “Actions” section, find the drop down called “Action to Perform” and choose “Hide Shipping Methods”
- Save the rule.
Your 2nd Day shipping will now be hidden unless the Shipping Group “QUICK” is in the cart.