In some cases, you may want to apply surcharges, discounts, flat rates, or specific shipping options to certain days of the week. A common example is a surcharge for Saturday Delivery. ShipperHQ’s Day-Based Rules functionality covers this need and is part of our Date & Time Advanced Feature.
- Date & Time Advanced Feature Enabled
- Estimated Delivery Dates, Estimated Time in Transit, or Calendar enabled your Carrier
This will walk you though setting up a rule that surcharges FedEx 2nd Day Air when delivering on a Saturday.
- Ensure you have a FedEx Carrier set up with 2nd Day Air enabled as a Shipping Method
- Click on Carrier Rules in the left-hand navbar
- Create a new Carrier Rule and name it something that’s relevant to you
- In the Applicable Shipping Methods panel select FedEx 2nd Day Air
- In the Advanced Conditions panel, select “Saturday” in the Applicable Delivery Days field
- In the Actions panel, set Action to Perform to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods”, set Adapt Shipping Rates to “Surcharge Rates”, and enter the surcharge amount in the Shipping Rate field
- Save your Carrier Rule
ShipperHQ will now apply the surcharge you defined whenever FedEx 2nd Day is delivering on a Saturday.
This capability can be combined with any other Conditions on your carrier rule to make this apply in the specific scenario you need it to apply. Additionally, you can discount, override/set, or hide certain shipping options on specific days using other Actions.