Zenda offers the best of both worlds – fast shipping and great prices – with the added bonuses of door-to-door tracking, and pre-paid duties and taxes.
This document will outline how you can setup and install your Zenda carrier in ShipperHQ.
On This Page
Register for a Zenda account to obtain your unique credentials
- Visit the Zenda site and use their contact form to request an account
- Next, you’ll be sent a username and password once your account has been created (save these for validation)
- You will also need to have your catalog rated by Zenda prior to carrier activation
ShipperHQ supports landed cost calculation via Zenda on all eCommerce platforms. On Magento 1 and Magento 2, this is shown as a separate note below the shipping rate. For BigCommerce and Shopify, on the other hand, the amount is shown as part of the shipping method name.
In order to receive accurate duties & tax calculation you will need to ensure all SKUs you intend to ship internationally in your eCommerce platform’s product catalog have been classified (or rated) with Zenda. Please contact Zenda directly to arrange this. You will not need to configure any classification information on your catalog, Zenda will retain this information based on your SKUs.
If you add SKUs to your catalog in the future, these will also need to be classified.
With this complete, you’ll be able to charge fully landed costs to your customers.
Steps To Add This Carrier
- Go to the Carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click + New to add a new carrier
- Select Live Rate Carrier
- Search for and select Zenda
- Name this carrier (this name will be the name your customers see in the Checkout.)
- Success! You have added Zenda to your list of carriers in ShipperHQ.
- You may now proceed to Validate Zenda (instructions are in the following section), or you can skip this step and choose to validate your carrier at another time. If you choose to skip validation you can begin to configure your carrier’s settings right away.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
In order for your live rate carrier to access your live rates, you will need to enter your carrier account credentials for Zenda and have them validated.
Validation, simply means that ShipperHQ was able to access the shipping account related to the credentials that you entered and retrieve rates.
If you choose to skip validation after adding your new carrier you will be reminded to add your credentials later.
- To validate, select Enter Credentials & Validate
- Enter the Zenda information for your account and click Continue
Note: Successful installation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by Zenda. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.
- If validation is successful, you will be presented with:
- The option to enable your carrier right away. (Enabling your carrier at this time will turn its rates on immediately even before you have made any configuration adjustments to it.)
- Begin to configure. Continuing with this button will take you to the carrier’s configuration page. You can also enable the carrier from this page once you have saved your settings.
- Alternatively, if validation fails, see our troubleshooting section below for help. Also, remember, you can skip your validation for now and continue to configure your carrier. The credentials that you have already entered will be saved and you will be reminded later to validate your carrier.
Displaying Duties & Taxes
With ShipperHQ and Zenda you’re able to display a fully landed (Delivery Duty Paid or DDP) shipping cost to your customers. This is made possible by the combination of Zenda’s duties & tax calculation engine and ShipperHQ’s shipping rate management functionality.
Your carrier can be installed and configured, but not validate. Successful validation depends on the accurate entry of the account information required by each carrier. If you do not have the correct information you will not be able to validate your carrier and receive live rates.