Zenda offers the best of both worlds – fast shipping and great prices – with the added bonuses of door-to-door tracking, and pre-paid duties and taxes.
This document will outline how you can setup and install your Zenda carrier in ShipperHQ.
Register for a Zenda account to obtain your unique credentials
- Visit the Zenda site and use their contact form to request an account
- Next, you’ll be sent a username and password once your account has been created
In order to receive accurate duties & tax calculation you will need to ensure all SKUs you intend to ship internationally in your eCommerce platform’s product catalog have been classified (or rated) with Zenda. Please contact Zenda directly to arrange this. You will not need to configure any classification information on your catalog, Zenda will retain this information based on your SKUs.
If you add SKUs to your catalog in the future, these will also need to be classified.
With this complete, you’ll be able to charge fully landed costs to your customers.
Create a new Carrier
Once you have your Zenda API credentials, you can set up the Zenda carrier in ShipperHQ.
Adding Zenda carrier from the Marketplace page
- Navigate to the Marketplace page from the ShipperHQ Dashboard (left sidebar)
- Select Zenda carrier and click the “Install and Validate” button
- Enter your user name and password provided to you by Zenda
- ShipperHQ will attempt to connect with Zenda to validate your credentials and indicate if validation is successful
- If unsuccessful, review the validation error message and, when ready, click Try Again to adjust the details you entered and attempt to validate again
- If successful, you’ll see a green success message. Click “Configure This Carrier” to configure your Zenda carrier settings
Displaying Duties & Taxes
With ShipperHQ and Zenda you’re able to display a fully landed (Delivery Duty Paid or DDP) shipping cost to your customers. This is made possible by the combination of Zenda’s duties & tax calculation engine and ShipperHQ’s shipping rate management functionality.
ShipperHQ supports landed cost calculation via Zenda on all eCommerce platforms. On Magento 1 and Magento 2, this is shown as a separate note below the shipping rate. For BigCommerce and Shopify, on the other hand, the amount is shown as part of the shipping method name.