This guide goes through how to offer a certain shipping option or method for free over a certain price threshold. In this article, we’ll use the example of free UPS Ground shipping for customers in the US 48 if the order total is over $100.
- In ShipperHQ, ensure you have your UPS Carrier set with UPS Ground as an available shipping method.
- Click on Filters on the navbar and add a new filter. Give it a relevant name (i.e. Cart over $100)
- Under Price Filter change the dropdown to “Range”. Enter a Min value of 100, and check the No Max checkbox.
- Save your Filter. You now have a filter set up which will match against any order where the subtotal exceeds $100.
- Click on Carrier Rules on the navbar and add a new Rule.
- In Basic panel, enter a descriptive Name (e.g. “Free UPS Ground over $100”)
- In the Shipping Method panel, Add UPS Ground in the Live Shipping Methods Assigned section.
- In the Conditions panel, select the Filter you just set up under Weight/Price/Quantity Filters and select the “US 48” Zone in the Apply to Zones field
- In the Actions panel and the Rule Action section, set the Action to Perform drop-down to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods”, the Adapt Shipping Rates drop-down”Set Rates”, and the Apply Shipping Rate/Percentage drop-down “Per Cart”.
- In the Set/Modify Shipping Rate section of the Actions panel, enter
0in the Shipping Rate field.
- Save your rule.
ShipperHQ will now set UPS Ground to Free if the order subtotal is $100 or greater and the customer is shipping to an address in the US 48.
Combining the price Filter with other Filters or Shipping Groups or Zones you can define more specific scenarios in which to offer free shipping. You can also use this same approach to set Flat Rate shipping in certain scenarios.