This document will outline how you can obtain your R+L Carriers Credentials required for ShipperHQ to pull the live rates associated with your R+L Account and how to connect those credentials to ShipperHQ.
Creating the Carrier
The first step is to turn on LTL Freight as an advanced feature. Click Features from the ShipperHQ dashboard (left sidebar), then toggle the switch on the LTL Freight Carriers panel. You will then need to create the carrier.
- Click on Carriers in the left-hand navbar
- Click the Add New button to add a new carrier
- Enter the name you want to use for this carrier in the Carrier Name field (e.g. “R&L”)
- Select “LTL Freight” from the Carrier Type select
- Select “R+L” from the Carrier select
- Click Create Carrier
Registering for Credentials
Speak to a R+L Carriers representative to register for credentials. You can either request a call from a representative or give them a call at 1-800-543-5589.
Adding Credentials to your Carrier
You have already created the R+L carrier in ShipperHQ, now you need to go back and add the credentials.
- Go to Carriers page and edit the R+L carrier you created
- In the Account settings section you will need to add your credentials
- Enter the API Key (provided by R+L)
- Make sure you check the Validate Credentials against Carrier option