This document outlines the process to set up New Penn Freight in ShipperHQ to obtain live rates associated with your New Penn account.
Most Yellow Corporation companies, including New Penn, operate independent shipping rating systems. In addition to New Penn, ShipperHQ supports YRC Freight and Holland Freight. Reddaway and HNRY Logistics are not currently supported in ShipperHQ. Contact us if you are interested in using these services through ShipperHQ.
On This Page
Before you begin, please ensure you have the following:
- A registered account with New Penn Web Services
- Your User Name
- Your Password
- Your Customer Number (7 digits)
- LTL Freight Feature – Adding this carrier requires the LTL Freight Feature enabled either before or during the process described below. Click this link for more information about enabling the LTL Freight Feature.
Steps to Add This Carrier
Now that you have your credentials ready use the steps below to set up New Penn Freight in ShipperHQ.
- Log into your ShipperHQ account.
- Navigate to the Manage Shipping > Carriers dashboard.
- Click the + New to add a new carrier.
- Click the Live Rate Carrier option.
- Use the Search Carriers search bar to type in New Penn Freight or scroll down to find New Penn Freight from the list of available carriers.
- Select New Penn Freight.
- Type in the name of the carrier you want your customers to see. Example: New Penn or New Penn Freight.
- Click the Continue button.
Steps to Validate This Carrier
- Click the Enter Credentials button.
- Click the Enter Credentials button once again.
- Input your User Name, Customer Number, and Password into the fields provided.
- Select the Payment Terms from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Validate button.
- If validation is successful, click the toggle button to enable the New Penn Freight carrier.
- Click the Configure This Carrier button if the validation process was successful.
- Your New Penn Freight carrier is now enabled and ready for configuration.
Freight Shipping Configuration
Use any of the following links to configure your New Penn carrier:
- Setting Weight Thresholds for Oversized Carts
- How to Set Items that Must Ship Freight
- Setting Up Shipping Groups
Use any of the following links for more configuration options:
- Setting Up Shipping Rules
- How to Set Up Packing Rules
- How to Add a Surcharge/Handling Fee to a Carrier