This is a guide on how to set up Customer Account carrier in ShipperHQ, this will enable your customers to ship their items using their own freight or courier account.
The customer will enter their courier or shipping carrier account details at checkout. Merchants can charge a handling fee, shipping charge per item or per order for this service. Once the order is placed, the merchant can view the customer’s carrier details on their order to arrange pickup and delivery.
Please note: this feature is supported on Magento 1, Magento 2 and Zoey.
To setup the customer account carrier:
- Carriers —> Add New + —>Carrier Type —> Custom Carrier —> Carrier—> Customer Account—> Carrier Name (Customer’s Own Account)
- You will need to fill the Carrier information out. Make sure to attach the specific origin(s) this carrier will apply to.
- Next under the Shipping Rates panel, you can modify the name of the shipping rate, set a base shipping price and decide if you want that to be Per Order, Item or Package.
- Continue with configuration to restrict this shipping method to certain zones, add handling fees or apply rules.
- On the Magento checkout, the carrier will appear with the shipping price you have configured and additional fields to capture the customer’s account information. If you are using BigCommerce, you will not see the fields to enter in text. This is due to BigCommerce not being able to allow us to display text fields in their checkout.
- The fields included are standard, as shown above and are all text fields. You can alter the titles of these fields using inline translation.
- Once the order is placed, the merchant can view the customer’s shipping carrier account details on their order