This document will cover how to create a Canada Post API Username and Password. The instructions below will tell you where to go and how to get them.
Create a Canada Post Carrier
The first step is to create a new Canada Post carrier in ShipperHQ.
- Click on Carriers in the left-hand navbar
- Click the Add New button to add a new carrier
- Enter the name you want to use for this carrier in the Carrier Name field (e.g. “Canada Post”)
- Select “Small Package” from the Carrier Type select
- Select “Canada Post” from the Carrier select
- Click Create Carrier
Register for Canada Post API credentials
- You’ll need to go to the Canada Post Developer Program website. Click either “Sign in” or “Join NOW”.
- You need to have a Canada Post account to pull live rates with ShipperHQ. If you do not have one, you can register by clicking “Sign up” (this is 100% free).
- If this is your first time to access the Developer Program website, you might see a License Agreement. Please read over, then click the green button that says “Agree and Continue”
- Canada Post will then prompt you through the steps required to get the credentials.
- Click on the blue button labeled “Developer program” on top of the left hand column, you’ll then see your “API keys”
- You will then copy and paste these into your Canada Post Carrier set in ShipperHQ.
Add Credentials to Canada Post Carrier
- Go to the carriers page in the ShipperHQ dashboard.
- Since you have already created the carrier, you will now need to edit it.
- Go to the Account Settings section
- Enter the API User name, Password, Customer Number and Contact ID (all are provided by Canada Post)
- “Validate Credentials against Carrier” should be checked. And if you would like to use Negotiated rates this will need to be checked as well.