The Transaction ID is used by our support team to get into the issues faster. By providing this, along with your support email we can start looking into the problem much faster.
In Magento 2, you can extract the transaction ID by using the ShipperHQ Logger.
Method 1: ShipperHQ Logger
- Go to Stores > Configuration > Advanced > ShipperHQ Logger
- Under Logger Configuration, set Enabled to Yes
- Set Minimum Log Level – Admin Panel to ‘Debug’
- Under Extension(s) to log output from, ensure Shipperhq_Shipper is set to Enabled
- Save the configuration changes
- Go to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods > ShipperHQ
- Set Debug = “Yes”
- Perform the request or test that you are investigating
- Go to System > ShipperHQ View Logs
- Open the entry titled “Rate Request and Result”
- Scroll down until you see the field TransactionId, within the response. Use cmd-f (if mac), or ctrl-f on others. Then type “transaction” and the transaction id is found.
- Copy this number, along with a description of the problem you’re having to the support team so they can begin to diagnose the issue.
- Once you have this information, remember to disable the ShipperHQ logger as per steps 2 and 3 and set Debug = No as per step 7
Please remember to turn the logger off, it does not need to be constantly running. If left running it will slow down your shipping rates exponentially.