One common scenario within ShipperHQ can be offering free shipping to a specific zone within a $ range of the total cart order. However, you want to exclude certain zone(s) from free shipping.
No matter what the conditions are, you can customize your carrier rules logic to exclude zones from receiving free shipping.
- You’ll need at least one Carrier set up in ShipperHQ.
- You’ll need to have a Zone defined that you want to exclude from the free shipping.
- You’ll need to define a filter of X amount of $ and up per order.
Please note: I will be using $100 as the starting price for the free shipping to be excluded.
- To set this scenario up, you will first need a carrier rule for free shipping to a specific zone(If you don’t have one setup). This article guides you on how setup Free Shipping to a certain zone using carrier rules.
- Next, you go to filters and setup a filter: name it “Orders > $100” (I.E, you can name it however you want), set the price range from Min of $100 to whatever max you want or if you don’t have a max check “No max“.
- Open up the pre-defined “Free Shipping” or whatever you named that rule. Scroll down to conditions Panel.
- On the Conditions Panel, click on Optionally exclude Zones and add the zone that you pre-defined and want to be excluded from Free Shipping.
- Again, on the Conditions Panel, click on Weight/Price/Quantity Filters and add the new filter you pre-defined. In our case here it’s the “Order >$100“
Once you apply these changes, the pre-defined zones that you excluded and the filter you applied will prevent free shipping methods from appearing when the order is greater than $100.