You offer free shipping for orders over a certain dollar amount, but want it to apply for certain products only.
This doc will explain how to set up this kind of rule for certain products.
On This Page
Part 1: Create a Shipping Group
Whether you’re setting free shipping to only apply for certain products, or to apply for all products and exclude some, you will need a Shipping Group.
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings.
This shipping group will need to be assigned to all of the products that this rule is to apply to.
Part 2: Create a Filter
- Click on “Filters” on the left nav and add a new one. Set a name for your filter (i.e. “cart over X”)
- Under Price Filter, switch “Ignore” to “Range” and enter the Min dollar amount (referred to as X) that applies to the filter.
- Save the filter.
Part 3: Create the New Shipping Rule
- Click on “Shipping Rules” on the left nav, and then click “Add New +”.
- Basic tab, enter a name for this rule, something like “Free Shipping over $X for Y products”.
- Shipping Methods section, choose the shipping method that you want to apply the rule to.
Set the Action
- In the Actions tab under the “Action to Perform” section set I want to… to “Modify the Price of my selected Shipping Methods” and In Order to… to “Override Rates” and “By a Flat Rate”
- Enter “0” for the flat rate and set And Apply This Rate to “Per Shipping Group”. In the dropdown that appears, select all the shipping groups that are allowed free shipping.
What you put in the Conditions tab will depend on what you’re trying to do:
IF Free Shipping is on certain products only
- Conditions tab, select the shipping group you defined in Part 1 in Includes one or more of dropdown.
- Conditions tab, you’ll also want to select the filter that you made in ‘Part 2’ above under Weight/Price/Quantity is.
IF Free Shipping on all products, excluding some
- Conditions tab, under the Includes one or more of dropdown, select “All Products not Assigned” AND any shipping groups you have that DO qualify for free shipping.
- You’ll also want to select the filter that you made in ‘Part 2’ above under Weight/Price/Quantity is.
- Save and test the rule.
Be sure to Assign your Products to their relevant Shipping Groups.
Free shipping is provided to products in your shipping group when the cart is over $X. Products that are not assigned to the shipping group from part 1 will not receive free shipping. Products that are assigned to that shipping group will receive the free shipping cost.