You offer free shipping for orders over a certain dollar amount, but want it to apply for certain products only.
This doc will explain how to set up this kind of rule for certain products.
On This Page
Part 1: Create a Shipping Group
Whether you’re setting free shipping to only apply for certain products, or to apply for all products and exclude some, you will need a Shipping Group.
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings.
This shipping group will need to be assigned to all of the products that this rule is to apply to.
Part 2: Create a Filter
- Click on “Filters” on the left nav and add a new one. Set a name for your filter (i.e. “cart over X”)
- Under Price Filter, switch “Ignore” to “Range” and enter the Min dollar amount (referred to as X) that applies to the filter.
- Save the filter.
Part 3: Create the New Carrier Rule
- Click on “Carrier Rules” on the left nav, and then click “Add New +”.
- Basic panel, enter a name for this rule, something like “Free Shipping over $X for Y products”.
- Shipping Methods panel, choose the shipping method that you want to apply the rule to.
- What you put in the Conditions panel will depend on what you’re trying to do:
IF Free Shipping is on certain products only
- Conditions panel, select the shipping group you defined in Part 1 in Includes one or more of dropdown.
- Conditions panel, you’ll also want to select the filter that you made in ‘Part 2’ above under Weight/Price/Quantity Filters.
IF Free Shipping on all products, excluding some
- Conditions panel, under the Includes one or more of dropdown, select “All Products not Assigned” AND any shipping groups you have that DO qualify for free shipping.
- You’ll also want to select the filter that you made in ‘Part 2’ above under Weight/Price/Quantity Filters.
Part 4: Finish the Rule
- Actions panel, set the Action to Perform dropdown to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods.” For Adapt Shipping Rates choose “Set Rates”, and under Apply shipping rate/percentage choose “per shipping group”. In the dropdown that appears, select all the shipping groups that are allowed free shipping.
- In the Set/Modify Rates section, in the Shipping Rate field enter
- Finally, save the rule.
Be sure to Assign your Products to their relevant Shipping Groups.
Free shipping is provided to products in your shipping group when the cart is over $X. Products that are not assigned to the shipping group from part 1 will not receive free shipping. Products that are assigned to that shipping group will receive the free shipping cost.