You offer free shipping for orders over a certain dollar amount, but want it to apply for certain products only.
This doc will explain how to set up this kind of rule for certain products.
Part 1: Create a Shipping Group
Whether you’re setting free shipping to only apply for certain products, or to apply for all products and exclude some, you will need a Shipping Group.
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings.
This shipping group will need to be assigned to all of the products that this rule is to apply to.
Part 2: Create a Filter
- Click on “Filters” on the left nav and add a new one.
- Under Price, switch “Ignore” to “Range” and enter the Min dollar amount (referred to as X) that applies to the filter.
- Save the filter.
Part 3: Create the New Carrier Rule
- Click on “Carrier Rules” on the left nav, and then click “Add New +”.
- Enter a name for this rule, something like “Free Shipping over $X for Y products”.
- In the “Applicable Shipping Methods” section, choose the shipping method that you want to apply the rule to.
IF Free Shipping is on certain products only
- In the “Conditions” section, select the shipping group you defined in Part 1 in Includes one or more of dropdown.
- In the “Conditions” section, you’ll also want to select the filter that you made in ‘Part 2’ above.
IF Free Shipping on all products, excluding some
- In the “Conditions” section, select ‘All Products not Assigned’ along with any shipping groups you have that do qualify for free shipping in Includes one or more of dropdown.
- You’ll also want to select the filter that you made in ‘Part 2’ above.
Part 4: Finish the Rule
- In the “Actions” section, find the drop down called “Action to Perform” and choose “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods.” Select “Set Rates” under the “Adapt Shipping Rates” drop down.
- Select “per shipping group” under “Apply shipping rate/percentage” and select all the shipping groups that are allowed free shipping.
- In the “Shipping Rate” field enter $0.00
- Save the rule.
Free shipping is provided to products in your shipping group when the cart is over $X. Products that are not assigned to the shipping group from part 1 will not receive free shipping. Products that are assigned to that shipping group will receive the free shipping cost.