FlavorCloud provides international shipping and return services door to door worldwide including guaranteed landed costs inclusive of all duties and taxes. Connecting your ShipperHQ account to FlavorCloud allows you to offer FlavorCloud’s competitive international shipping rates to customers and ensure no surprises for delivery. When you’re ready to ship, FlavorCloud’s dashboard allows you to print and process orders and generate all customs paperwork and commercial invoices required.
Learn more about FlavorCloud on the ShipperHQ Marketplace.
On This Page
If you do not yet have a FlavorCloud account, you’ll need to sign up for an account at FlavorCloud.com. If you already have an account, contact FlavorCloud to obtain your API credentials. You should receive an “App ID” and “API Key” which will be used to install FlavorCloud on your ShipperHQ account.
Classification and HS Codes
In order to receive accurate duties & tax calculation for a fully landed cost you will need to ensure all SKUs you intend to ship internationally in your eCommerce platform’s product catalog has been updated with 6-digit HS Codes (Harmonized System codes of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule or HST used to classify imports and exports). FlavorCloud offers classification services to help you ensure your catalog is properly classified, contact them directly for more information.
Once you have your product HS Codes, you’ll need to update your products with these codes to ensure ShipperHQ can retrieve them when generating shipping rates.
Magento 1, Magento 2, or WooCommerce
When the ShipperHQ extension is installed, it adds a new HS Code product attribute. If this attribute is not available, ensure you’re running the latest version of the ShipperHQ extension.
HS Codes can be set on products or product variants using the “Edit Shipping Properties” option when editing a product within Shopify or via any other Metafields editor. Learn More
HS Codes can be set as values of the Shipping Group field on products and product options in BigCommerce by prefixing the HS Code with “^HS:”. For example, “^HS:03.07.40” for HS Code 03.07.40. Learn More
Installing the FlavorCloud Carrier
Once you have your FlavorCloud API credentials, you’re ready to set up the connection to FlavorCloud on your ShipperHQ account.
- In your ShipperHQ Dashboard in the Marketplace, select FlavorCloud Inc. and click the “Install & Validate” button
- Review the required validation details and, when ready, click Continue
- Enter the App ID and API Key provided to you by FlavorCloud and ensure the Unit of Weight and Unit of Measure are correct for your site then click Continue
- ShipperHQ will indicate if validation is successful
- If unsuccessful, review the validation error message and, when ready, click Try Again to adjust the details you entered and attempt to validate again
- If successful, you’ll see a green success message. Click “Configure This Carrier” to select your methods and FlavorCloud carrier settings