ShipperHQ supports the ability to validate the address entered by your customers in the checkout. This will result in fewer orders being sent to incorrect addresses and reduce charges from carriers for invalid addressing.
Important Parts to Address Validation
Dynamic Address Type Lookup
For example is the address a business or residential address. This can affect the cost of shipping significantly
Dynamic Address Validity
Verify with either UPS or Fedex if the delivery address is valid or invalid
Address Suggestion at Checkout
If an address is ambiguous, prompting the user to select the correct address from suggested candidates
We also support a manual Residential Selector on the checkout, so customers can select whether the delivery address is residential or commercial.
ShipperHQ includes all elements as part of it’s address validation service, although there are some differences in support across eCommerce Platforms.
Supported eCommerce Platforms & Carriers
|Platform||Dynamic Address Type Lookup||Dynamic Address Validity||Address Suggestion at Checkout||Residential Selector|
|Magento 1||Yes – Result shown on order||Yes – Result shown on order||Displays address candidates||Yes|
|Magento 2||Yes – Result shown on order||No||Requires Free Address Autocomplete Extension to show suggestion||Yes|
|Zoey||Yes – Result shown on order||Yes – Result shown on order||Displays address candidates||Yes|
*These platforms do not allow us to store this information in the order details, but the address has been validated.
Address Validation Setup
- Dynamic Address Type Lookup & Dynamic Address Validity:
- Address Suggestion at Checkout:
- Residential Selector
If you are not seeing the rates change based on residential/business address then you are likely to have one of the following issues:
- You are not set up for Validation with your carrier. This is an extra service, so even if you get shipping rates you need to ensure you have validation enabled at an API level, check with the carrier customer service if unsure
- The address you are entering cannot be validated – on Magento you will see this being returned in the response log
- The configuration is not enabled, check your ShipperHQ settings to ensure feature enabled and enabled in the Carrier Settings, also check that you have sync’ed in Magento 1/2
We work within the boundaries as set by UPS/FedEx. There are instances that they will mark an address as valid even when there are invalid parts to it. We cannot detect this. Please ensure you conduct your own testing as appropriate.
On our roadmap we have plans to support USPS and also international countries such as the UK.