ShipperHQ provides a number of places to add explanatory text to shipping rates on the cart and/or checkout. (This is NOT available with our integration through BigCommerce, except #5)
1. Global Tooltip across all Rates
Add global tooltip text that appears on the top carrier (this will only appear on the first carrier at checkout). It appears as a tooltip icon, and the text is displayed on hover.
2. Carrier Specific Tooltip
Add a custom description for a carrier, which appears just below the Carrier Title.
3. Shipping Method Tooltip – Custom Carrier
Edit the Carrier, under the shipping methods tab edit the shipping methods you want the tooltip to display on and add description in the Tooltip field. The description will show under the individual shipping method.
4. Shipping Method Tooltip – Live Rate Carrier
For carriers such as UPS, FedEx, etc where you get live real-time rates the tooltip is set in the Method Naming area of ShipperHQ. You must have the Advanced Rating options feature to use this capability.
- Go Features > turn on the Rate Shopping and Shipping Option Management feature
- Once enabled, go to ‘Method Naming’ in the left-hand navigation
- Add New
- In the new window, select the method you want to change (ex: UPS Ground)
- Enter your tooltip message in the ‘Tooltip’ textbox (see screenshot below)
5. Delivery Date Message
Show a delivery date message when you’ve elected to display estimated delivery dates or time in transit. This appends a suffix to the the shipping method name.
Edit the carrier, on Calendar Settings tab, set custom message in the “Delivery Date Message” field.