A common scenario is where you wish to mark up a specific shipping method from a certain carrier in order to cover your costs or provide additional revenue. If you want to set an across-the-board markup on all shipping methods from a specific Carrier this can be done when setting up the Carrier.
This example will show you how to set a 20% markup on UPS Ground.
Example configuration for a 20% Mark Up on UPS Ground
- Create your UPS carrier and enable UPS Ground as an available shipping method
- Create a Carrier Rule and select UPS Ground in the Applicable Shipping Methods panel
- Since this is just a basic rule, leave all the options in the Conditions panel as they are. See “Other Options” below for more information on what you can do here.
- Choose “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods” as the Action to Perform and “Surcharge Rates” as the Adapt Shipping Rates option in the Rule Action section of the Actions panel.
- In the Set/Modify Shipping Rate section of the Actions panel, enter “20” in the Percentage Price field then choose “Shipping Price” from the Percentage Calculated On options
- Save your rule
The UPS Ground rates shown to your customers will now be marked up by 20% of the rate returned by UPS.