UPS carrier doesn’t return negotiated rates – the Issue:
At certain times with some UPS accounts setup with ShipperHQ, you notice that the rates being returned aren’t the negotiated rates you initially agreed upon with UPS when you setup your account. In order for us to troubleshoot the issue, we would need you to provide us with the transaction ID , Once we get the transaction ID, we access the carrier log and start reviewing the issue and if we notice the following error message: “User ID and Shipper Number combination is not qualified to receive negotiated rates” then please follow the instructions below:
The reason why negotiated rates isn’t returning is because your UPS account isn’t authenticated with UPS.
To authenticate your UPS account – follow the steps below:
1. Log into UPS.com with the API User ID and password.
2. Click on the name on the top right hand side of the screen.
3. Select Payment Options.
4. The account number should be listed on this screen with an edit button on the right side of it.
5. Click Edit and you should be prompted to authenticate the account by providing the most recent invoice information for the account.
– Once your account is validated you will start seeing the negotiated rates.