You may wish to surcharge your shipping rates for a specific Zone. In this example, we’ll be surcharging UPS Ground 10% for customers with shipping addresses in the US 48 Zone. We’ll use a Zone and a Carrier Rule to accomplish this.
Your UPS carrier is set up and validated in ShipperHQ.
- Click on Carrier Rules in the navbar and click the Add New + button
- Enter the Name for your Carrier Rule, we’ll use “10% Surcharge of UPS Ground to the US 48” in this example
- In the Applicable Shipping Methods panel, select “UPS Ground” in the Live Shipping Methods Assigned field
- In the Conditions panel, select the US48 Zone in the Apply to Zones field
- In the Actions panel, set the Adapt Shipping Rates field to “Surcharge Rates”
- Under the Set/Modify Shipping Rate section, enter “10” in the Percentage Price field and set the Percentage Calculated On field to “Shipping Price”
- Save your Carrier Rule
With this in place, when a customer enters an address in the US 48 they’ll see a UPS Ground rate which is 10% higher than the rate UPS returned.