You offer both Flat and Live rates, but only want to show Live Rates when certain products are in the cart together.
Part 1: Create a Shipping Group
- Click on “Shipping Groups” on the left nav and add a new one. This is how you will categorize the products in the cart that apply to this rule. Don’t worry about any of the advanced settings. Let’s say you name it “Small”.
Part 2: Create the New Carrier Rule
- Click on “Carrier Rules” on the left nav, and then click “Add New +”.
- Enter a name for this rule, something like “Show Live when Small mixed with other items”.
- In the “Applicable Shipping Methods” section, choose the Flat rate methods you want to hide from the cart when the products are mixed. Be sure your live rate methods are NOT highlighted.
- In the “Conditions” section, find the drop down called Must Include these Shipping Group(s) and select the shipping group you created in part 1 (i.e. “Small”).
- Still under “Conditions”, find the drop down for Includes one or More of… and select all of your other used Groups, including All Products not Assigned.
- In the “Actions” section, find the drop down called “Action to Perform” and choose “Hide Shipping Methods”
- Save the rule.
Live rates will now be shown anytime one of the Small items are placed in the cart with other products. The Flat method will be hidden.