This document will outline how you can obtain your YRC Freight Credentials required for ShipperHQ to pull the live rates associated with your YRC Freight Account and how to connect those credentials to ShipperHQ.
Creating the Carrier
The first step is to turn on LTL Freight as an advanced feature in Account Settings > Features > Select LTL Freight. You will then need to create the carrier.
- Click on Carriers in the left-hand navbar
- Click the Add New button to add a new carrier
- Enter the name you want to use for this carrier in the Carrier Name field (e.g. “YRC Freight”)
- Select “LTL Freight” from the Carrier Type select
- Select “YRC Freight” from the Carrier select
- Click Create Carrier
Registering for Credentials
- Call YRC Customer service at 1-800-610-6500
- You will need to provide the following information to the representative:
- Physical Address
- Phone number
- Fax number
- Email address
- How often you ship and where you ship
- Shipment type and estimated weight
- You can request a quick registration to use secure tools on the YRC website.
Adding Credentials to your Carrier
You have already created the YRC Freight carrier in ShipperHQ, now you need to go back and add the credentials.
- Go to Carriers page and edit the YRC Freight carrier
- In the Account settings section you will need to add your credentials
- Enter the User name (provided by YRC Freight).
- Enter the Password and Business id you also received from YRC Freight
- Make sure you check the Validate Credentials against Carrier option