Please follow these steps to install your extension. These installation instructions have been refined over the past 2 years and provide comprehensive installation guidance. If you do not follow these steps as indicated you may well see issues with your install, which may take some time to resolve. So please follow each step carefully and if the install fails re-check the steps.
- Switch off the Magento Compiler if enabled under
- Ensure Cache is enabled in Admin under
System -> Cache Management
- Extract all the Zip archive(s).
- Copy the contents of the app directory from the extracted Zip into your Magento base directory overwriting any files, except for the “etc” directory (which will be copied last). * Note: This does not overwrite any core files
- Copy the contents of the other directories present in the extracted Zip (for example, “lib” and “skin”), except for the “docs” directory (which is documentation only).
- Copy over the app/etc directory that was omitted in step #4. This greatly reduces the chance of the SQL not running correctly.
- Log out of admin and back in. If you do not do this you will get 404 Access Denied errors
- Disable cache in admin
- Flush the magento cache storage in cache management by clicking the ‘Flush Magento Cache’ Button. (Or you can manually remove
- Open frontend of website to force extension to load (this will ensure that the SQL updates within extension are performed).
- If you’re using the compiler you need to recompile via
System->Tools->Compilation. If you do not you will see an error similar to ‘Call to a member function toOptionArray() on a non-object…’ when accessing shipping methods. You may also see Fatal Errors for missing files
- You have now installed your extension and should see it present in relevant area of backend
- Re-enable cache in admin.