ShipperHQ allows you to set up rules for different groups of customers based on the customer’s Customer Group set in your eCommerce platform. You’ll first need to turn on Customer Groups.
- You’ll need at least one Carrier set up in ShipperHQ
- You’ll need to have Customer Groups enabled and set up in ShipperHQ
- You’ll need to make sure that the customers that should receive Free Shipping are assigned to the correct Customer Group in your eCommerce platform
- We’ll be using a Carrier Rule to set this up so click on Carrier Rules in the left-hand navbar in your ShipperHQ dashboard
- Click the Add New + button to add a new Carrier Rule
- In the Overview panel, enter a Name for your Carrier Rule. Something like “Wholesale Surcharge”
- Under Applicable Shipping Methods, select the method (or methods if you’re going to be surcharging) that you want to be surcharged when this rule applies
- Under Conditions, select the Customer Group that should receive free shipping in the Applicable Customer Groups field. If any other restrictions apply (for example, this promotion only applies to shipments to the US 48 Zone or to specific Shipping Groups this is where you would set up these restrictions)
- In the Actions panel, set the Action to Perform to “Set/Surcharge Shipping Methods” and Adapt Shipping Rates to “Surcharge Rates”. Then, under Set/Modify Shipping Rate enter “10.00” as the Shipping Rate.
Now, when a customer that has been assigned to this Customer group in your eCommerce platform places an order, the surcharge will be applied on top of the shipping rate.