This document will outline how you can obtain your Vitran Express Credentials required for ShipperHQ to pull the live rates associated with your Vitran Express Account and how to connect those credentials to ShipperHQ.
Creating the Carrier
The first step is to turn on LTL Freight as an advanced feature in Account Settings > Features > Select LTL Freight. You will then need to create the carrier.
- Click on Carriers in the left-hand navbar
- Click the Add New button to add a new carrier
- Enter the name you want to use for this carrier in the Carrier Name field (e.g. “Vitran Express”)
- Select “LTL Freight” from the Carrier Type select
- Select “Vitran Express” from the Carrier select
- Go to Account Settings and enter any fuel or flat lift gate charges
- Click Create Carrier
Registering for Credentials
You will not need to add credentials to your ShipperHQ account as ShipperHQ uses table rates in the backend to calculate these rates. But if you would still like to join Vitran you will need to contact a Vitran sales representative at 416-798-4965.